Fatty Liver Disease Diet
Ensure Liver Health Without Body Colon Cleanse
The following fatty liver disease diet is for those who want to ensure their liver and all gastrointestinal system health and for those who are in the period of recovery from chronic pancreatitis. This diet with gently improve your digestive system with no need of special detox treatment or colon cleanser.
This diet will help you to stabilize and strengthen your digestive organs and prevent fatty liver disease without intrusive body colon cleanse.
Fatty Liver Disease Diet Principles
- This diet requires you to increase your daily protein intake and decrease fats and carbohydrates such as sugars, essential oils and cholesterol containing products.
- Avoid products that are high in fiber.
- In addition take complex vitamins while staying on fatty liver disease diet.
- Meals should be boiled, steamed or baked and well done. Exclude all fried, cold or hot dishes.
- Eat 5-6 meals a day.
Daily Calorie Intake
- Proteins: 3.5 - 4 oz (60- 65% should be animal products)
- Fats: 2.5 oz (80% animal products)
- Carbohydrates: 10 - 12 oz (10 % starches)
- Salt: 1 ½ teaspoon
- Water: 8 cups
Total calorie value: 2000-2200 kcal.
Fatty Liver Disease Diet Food
- You may eat whole bran bread fresh or toasted; whole wheat crackers.
- Exclude: white bread, pastry, cakes.
- Include: vegetarian soups with potatoes, carrot, summer squash, broccoli, bell peppers, butternut, rice, or pasta in your diet.
- Exclude: chicken, fish, mushrooms or beef broths or soups. Also avoid cabbage soup.
Meat and poultry
- Allowed: lean beef, veal, rabbit, skinless chicken or turkey. All meat should be cooked thoroughly and preferably grounded.
- Exclude: bacon, pork, hot dogs, cold cuts, salami, canned, smoked or cured meats, pâté and other liver products.
- You may eat any lean fish such as haddock, trout, sea bass, etc.
- Exclude: fat fish such as salmon; also tuna and swordfish. Avoid fried, grilled, smoked, cured, canned or sushi.
- Allowed: low fat or fat free dairy products such as low fat yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, cream cheese, light cream, sour cream and mozzarella.
- Exclude: soft cheeses, whole milk and other dairy products with high fat content.
- Eggs whites are allowed no more than twice a week (steamed or as an omelet).
- Exclude: egg yolks, fried or hardboiled eggs.
- You may eat oatmeal, buckwheat, rice, and other whole grains. You may also eat pasta.
- Exclude: all bean, cornmeal (polenta), risotto rice.
- Eat your vegetables steamed or boiled and well done. Vegetables such as potatoes, carrot, cauliflower, beets, summer squash, butternut, bell peppers, and green peas are the best to include in fatty liver disease diet.
- Exclude: cabbage, eggplant, horseradish, radish, onion, garlic, spinach, mushrooms and chili peppers.
- All soft, ripe fruits and berries are allowed. Make sure you wash them thoroughly and puree if possible. The great way to have your fruits is to make a fruit smoothie (combine fruits with the same amount of lowfat milk and mix in blender).
- Exclude: hard raw fruits such as fresh apples (baked or pureed are allowed); grapes, dates, dry fruits and bananas.
Sauces, dressings and desserts
- Fruit smoothies, dairy based dressings and sauces ( without extra spices) are allowed.
- Exclude: vinegar, mushroom sauces, tomato sauces, meat gravy, pastries, cakes, candy etc.
- Diluted freshly squeezed fruit or vegetable juices, water, light or herbal tea with honey or low fat milk.
- Exclude: coffee, hot chocolate, sodas, sparkling water, grape juice, any juice from concentrate.
- You may have butter, vegetable or olive oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil.
- Exclude: all other fats.
Fatty Liver Disease Diet Sample Menu
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with milk, 1 cup of tea.
- Snack: egg whites omelet, rose hip tea.
- Lunch: vegetable soup, lean chicken or beef with baked potato, fruits.
- Snack: cottage cheese, tea with the milk.
- Dinner: steamed fish, steamed pureed vegetable medley, tea with milk.
- Snack: low-fat yogurt.
Following this fatty liver disease diet will not only make your liver feel better but also help you lose weight, cleanse your body and start feeling younger!