Calorie King Diet Plan
The Calorie King diet is offered by famous Allan Borushek, professional dietitian and health educator with over 30 years of clinical experience.
Allan Borushek is also the author of The Calorie, Fat & Carbohydrate Counter, and has 14 other diet and weight loss books.
The following is a sample diet plan based on the main calorie king diet principles. You may stay on this diet for as long as you have to.
Sample Calorie King Diet Menu
Breakfast (choose one, 250 kcal)
- 1 small fruit, 1 cup of whole grain cereal with milk or 1 cup of oatmeal with milk.
- 1 fruit, 1 egg, 1 slice of cheese or 2 tbsp of cottage cheese, 1 cup of baked of beans, 1 whole grain toast with butter.
Lunch (440 kcal)
- Sandwich made of 2 slices of whole wheat bread with 1 tbsp of mayonnaise and one of the following: 2 oz of turkey breast or lean veal, 3.5 oz of tuna in water, 2.5 oz of salmon, 1 oz of cheese; 1 cup of low fat yogurt, ½ cup of baked beans, 1 mixed greens salad, 1 fruit.
Dinner (360 kcal)
- 1 plate of vegetable soup with one of the following: 3.5 oz of boiled lean beef, 4 oz of skinless chicken breast, 3.5 oz of skinless brown chicken meat, 6 oz of fish, 1 cup of beans; 1 small baked potato or ½ cup of rice or pasta, or 1 bread slice with butter; 1 small vegetable salad; 1 fruit; 1 cup of sherbet.
- Drink plenty of water, at least 8 cups per day.
- Snack on fresh vegetables or fruits in between meals.
- Drink 2 cups of skim milk during the day in addition to the provided menu.
- Allowed daily fats intake as follows (choose one):
- 2 tbsp of butter,
- 1 ½ tbsp of oil,
- 1 ½ tbsp of mayonnaise,
- ½ avocado,
- 2 tbsp of nuts.
If you are interested and want to know more about Doctor Borushek diet read his book called Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate Counter 2010. Many people have found using Allan's Food and Exercise Diary, along with his fat and calorie counter book, to be incredibly helpful in losing weight and getting in shape.