Use as little or as much as your taste requires
1. Cook the brown rice using 1 cup of clean water for each cup of rice. Once the rice is done, toss in 2 TBSP of brown rice vinegar for every cup of cooked rice. This will go in the nori rolls a little later.
2. Sit the rice/vinegar mixture aside until it's cool enough to handle it.
3. Center a sheet of nori on the rolling mat. When the rice is ready, moisten your hands with water and pat a small amount of rice evenly across the nori. Leave an inch-wide strip at the top side of the nori sheet.
4. Take a small amount of wasabi- around ½ tsp. - and spread it in a thin, horizontal line about 2-3 inches from the base of the nori sheet. Wasabi is a very hot Japanese horseradish. Skip this step if you dslike hot food- nori rolls don't have to be hot!
5. Above the wasabi line make 2 more horizontal lines of vegetables. With your hands press the vegetables firmly into the rice.
6. Grasp the bottom edge of the bamboo mat and use it to help you roll up the sheet or nori. Don't worry if some rice squeezes out, you can fix it later. Stop when you reach the inch wide border at the top.
7. Press the border into the roll to seal it up. Most sheets seal up on their own but if it won't stick, dampen your fingers with a little water, run them along the bare strip and try again.
8. Trim the edges of the roll with a sharp knife to neaten the presentation and to clean up any rice that had spilled out. Cut the roll in 1/2” slices- larger if you prefer.
9. Serve the roll with pickled ginger. You can serve tamari soy sauce and wasabi on the side for dipping.
If you have love cooking and know a healthy and delicious recipe we would love to have it in our Healthy Diet Recipe Collection!