Fresh Berry Diet
Lose Weight The Delicious Way!
For this delicious berry diet we are going to use strawberries.
Strawberry is perhaps the most popular berry there is. If you love eating strawberries then the following strawberry diet is perfect for you!
Fresh strawberries are well known for their high nutritional value and remedial property.
They also are the richest fruit source of antioxidants and vitamin C after blueberries and cranberries. Strawberries are high in dietary fiber and very low on calories making them perfect dietary food.
Summer is the best time of the year to eat strawberries because it is when they are most delicious, juicy and sweet.
Strawberry is a key ingredient of the following berry diet which will help you loose up to 5 pounds in one week.
The duration of this yummy berry diet is 4 days.
Fresh Berry Diet Menu
Breakfast - Fruit Salad
- Preparation method: Wash and slice 1 cup of strawberries, 1 apple and 1 banana. ½ cup of lowfat plain yogurt mix with 1 tablespoon of honey. Combine all the above ingredients. (320 kcal)
Snack - Berry Diet Smoothie
- Preparation method: Puree ½ cup of strawberries with ½ of lowfat milk and 1 teaspoon of honey. Add few cubes of ice and blend the smoothie for approximately 1 minute. (100 kcal)
Lunch - Fresh Strawberries and Asparagus Salad
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1 cup of cucumber
- 3 oz of turkey breast
- 1 tbsp of Italian salad seasoning
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 1 pinch of salt, chopped parsley to taste.
- Preparation method: Wash, dry and remove rough ends from asparagus. Cut it into 1 inch long pieces and steam for 10 minutes. Wash and dry strawberries and cucumber and slice them into thin circles. Thinly slice turkey breast. Combine all of the above ingredients and toss them with the dressing.
- Dressing: Mix Italian salad seasoning with 6 tbsp of water. Blend in the lemon juice and olive oil. Add chopped parsley and a pinch of salt. Pour dressing over the salad and finish it off with pine nuts. (270 kcal)
Snack - Berry Diet yogurt
- Preparation method: 1 cup of strawberries clean and cut in halves. ½ cup of lowfat plain yogurt mix with 1 tbsp of honey and 2 tbsp of granola cereal. Put strawberries in a bowl and pour the yogurt mixture over the berries. (130 kcal)
Dinner - Tangy Cottage Cheese Salad with Fresh Strawberries
1 baked potato,
½ red onion,
2 sticks of celery,
½ cup of strawberries,
½ cup of lowfat cottage cheese,
½ cup of lowfat plain yogurt,
1 handful of chopped parsley,
1 tbsp of lemon juice, salt, pepper to taste.
Preparation method: Cut strawberries, onion and celery into small cubes. Blend cottage cheese, yogurt, lemon juice and parsley in blender. Mix all of the above ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. Serve with slices baked potato. (330 kcal)
Eating strawberries regularly will help you fight stress and stay in a good mood. 1 cup of fresh strawberries a day will instantly neutralize negative emotions, boost your metabolism and stabilize blood pressure.
Breakfast - Strawberry Toasts
- Preparation method: Clean and cut in halves 1 cup of strawberries. Prepare 2 whole wheat toasts with low fat cream cheese spread and top them off with cut strawberries. (200 kcal)
Snack - Exotic Berry Diet Cocktail
- Preparation method: Puree 1 cup of strawberries in a blender. Add 1 cup of pineapple juice, ½ cup of low fat yogurt and few ice cubes. Blend the cocktail for another 30 seconds. (130 kcal)
Lunch - Strawberry Pancakes
- ½ cup of low fat milk,
- 1 tbsp honey,
- 1 egg,
- ¼ cup all purpose flour,
- 1 pinch of salt,
- 2 cups of strawberries,
- 1 tsp lemon juice,
- 2 tbsp apple juice or cider,
- ¼ cup of apple sauce.
- Preparation method: Combine milk, honey and egg together. Gradually add flour, mixed with salt. Leave the mixture at room temperature for 30 minutes. Wash strawberries, slice them up and sprinkle them with lemon juice. Prepare your pancakes on nonstick pan using only cooking spray. Warm the apple sauce in a small pan or in a microwave and stir in apple juice; add the strawberries to the mixture. Serve your pancakes warm with apple strawberry sauce. (450 kcal)
Snack - Strawberry Smoothie
- Preparation method: 1 cup of pureed strawberries combine with 1 cup of buttermilk and 1 tbsp of honey, blend for 30 seconds. (120 kcal)
Dinner - Berry Diet Salad
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce,
- 1/2 bell pepper,
- 1 tomato,
- ½ cup of sliced fresh strawberries,
- ¼ cup of low fat yogurt,
- 2 tbsp of low fat cottage cheese,
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice,
- 1 pita bread slice,
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preparation method: Cut romaine lettuce, bell pepper, tomato and strawberries and toss them together. Blend yogurt, cottage cheese and lemon juice in a blender and add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over your salad and serve with a slice of pita bread. (260 kcal)
Breakfast - Strawberry Muesli
- Preparation method: Puree ½ cup of strawberries with ½ cup of low fat yogurt, ½ cup of low fat cottage cheese and 1 tbsp of honey. Slice one banana and another ½ cup of strawberries and mix with the above puree. Add 3 tbsp of dry oats to the mixture. (310 kcal)
Snack - Strawberry Yogurt
- Preparation method: 1 cup of strawberries combine with 1 cup of low fat plain yogurt and 1 tbsp of honey, blend for 1 minute. (140 kcal)
Lunch - Sweet Melon with Fresh Strawberries
- 2 cups of any melon,
- 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries,
- 1 thin slice of ham,
- Few leaves of fresh mint.
- Preparation method: Cut melon in cubes, slice strawberries in halves. Thinly slice ham and toss your salad on a plate. Sprinkle it with fresh mint. (240 kcal)
Snack - Orange and Strawberry Smoothie
- Preparation method: 1 cup of strawberries, 1 cup of orange juice and 1 tbsp of honey blend for 30 seconds. (140 kcal)
Dinner - Assorted Vegetable Medley with Spicy Strawberry
- 1 cup of cubed potatoes,
- ½ cup of cubed carrots,
- ½ cup of cut cauliflower,
- 1 tsp of all purpose flour,
- 2 tbsp of butter,
- ½ cup of fresh strawberries,
- 3 oz of low fat milk,
- 2 whole wheat toasts, salt and hot pepper to taste.
- Preparation method: Combine the vegetables and cook them with butter in a covered pan. For the sauce melt 1 spoon of butter in a pan, add flour and mix until even. Stir in the milk; add a pinch of salt and hot pepper. Strawberries wash, clean and thinly slice in circles. Add them to the sauce and pour the sauce over cooked vegetables. Serve with toasts. (360 kcal)
Breakfast - Fresh Strawberries with Cream Cheese Toasts
- Preparation method: Spread low fat cream cheese on two whole wheat toasts. Slice ½ cup of strawberries and put them on top of the toasts. (290kcal)
Snack - Vitamin Smoothie
- Preparation method: 1 small apple, 1 small orange, 1 cup of strawberries blend together with 1 tbsp of honey, few ice cubes and 1 cup of low fat milk. (210 kcal)
Lunch - Strawberry Salad with Trout
- 1 cup of mixed greens,
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries,
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion,
- 6 oz trout,
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice,
- 1 tbsp of olive oil,
- 1 tsp of apple juice,
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Preparation method: Toss mixed greens, red onion and strawberries together. Season trout with 1 tbsp of lemon juice, salt and pepper and cook in a pan for 3 minutes on both sides with a little bit of olive oil. Combine the remaining lemon juice, apple juice, olive oil and Dijon mustard and stir with a little bit of water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour over tossed salad and serve with the trout on top. (250 kcal)
Snack - Berry Diet Mélange
- Preparation method: Mix 1 tbsp of honey with ¼ cup of lime juice and ¼ cup of water and drizzle over 2 cups of chopped strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve with ½ cup of low fat yogurt. (140 kcal)
Dinner - Berry Diet Yogurt Salad
- 1 cup of strawberries,
- ¼ cup of low fat yogurt,
- ¼ cup of low fat cottage cheese,
- 1 tsp of lemon juice,
- 1 tsp of apple juice,
- 1 cup of sliced carrots,
- 1 cup of sliced celery,
- 1 cup of sliced yellow bell peppers,
- 1 pita bread slice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Preparation method: Prepare the sauce by blending strawberries, yogurt, cottage cheese, lemon and apple juice together. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the vegetables in a bowl and drizzle them with strawberry sauce. Serve with pita bread. (300 kcal)